From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i determine that my write ramp function output to a channel works?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

So i created a ramp function using a for loop that takes the difference between an initial and final voltage value , divides it by an integer (labeled time on VI) and then increments the initial value by the result until the final value is attained.The initial+ increment values are stored in an array, which i then write to the NI9263 channel.

The question that i have is that how do i know that the write function writes each of the values in an array, for each piezo to the piezo. i.e so that if my initial voltage is 1V, the increment is 0.5V and the final value is 3V, how do i check that all the values [1,1.5,2.0,2.5,3.0] are written to the channel individually. 

The current result that i am getting seems to indicate that the write function just looks at the initial and final values and jump between the 2.

I have attached a copy of the VI(pardon the clutter) and  a graph of the results i am getting, which is a smooth curve (as oppsed to a staircase-like graph that one might expect with a ramp function, showing the discrete steps]

I look forward to any help that you could give me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by msmartei
Instead of putting a graph put a 2D array Indicator and check both the values are matches,Select very less sampling rate like 1 sample per second and use finite sampling instead of continuous sampling.
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 2 of 2
(2,293 Views)