LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i count different characters from a text.

I have got another question, is it possible to change the text automaticly on the upper right side of the graph?  

I attached a picture of what I mean.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,150 Views)

The point of the In Place Element Structure is to get the value in a specific index (in our case, corresponding to the letter), increment it, and write that value back into the array.  The In Place Element Structure allows us to do this "in place", meaning the entire array doesn't need to be copied just to update this one element.

And the text you are referring to is the Plot Name.  That can be set with a property node.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,137 Views)

I have searched it and found about the property node but I don't understand the function Smiley Surprised

How can I make the background of the graph completely white and automaticly change the text in the little box? 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,132 Views)

These should be the properties you need.  Go ahead and play with them and see what happens.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,122 Views)

Jenson94 wrote:

How can I make the background of the graph completely white ...

If the background color should be white permanently, you would just use the coloring tool in edit mode, no property nodes needed. You only need property nodes if the color needs to be changed at run time. Does it?

If it should be completely white, you should also remove the grid lines.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,100 Views)

@Jenson94 wrote:

The part of the in place element structure!

In the old days (i.e. before the in place element structure was available), you would have used index array to get the current count at the specified index, add one to it, and then write it back to the same index using "replace array subset". This operation also occurs "in place", so there is no real penalty compared to the shown solution. They are equivalent because the compiler is smart enough ;). The solution using the in place elements structure is just a little cleaner looking, that's all. 😄

Message 26 of 30
(1,088 Views)

I'm almost finished with the program.

Got one more question, how do i hide a diagram if it has got nothing to show? I would like to hide the diagram if there is no text  in the string.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,082 Views)

Jenson94 wrote:

Got one more question, how do i hide a diagram if it has got nothing to show? I would like to hide the diagram if there is no text  in the string.

What is a diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,077 Views)

sorry, wrong term I mean I want to hide my waveform graph haha

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,074 Views)

I guess you're talking about the graph, use a graph property node to set the visible property.

Ben64

Message 30 of 30
(1,072 Views)