LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i convert an array into a cluster of the same type as that used to build the array previously?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 6-element cluster which i need to change into an array for part of the VI process.  This i can do, but then i need to change it back into a cluster of the same type to be used elsewhere.  When i change the array back into a cluster, i end up with a 9-element cluster, which of course, is not compatible!

I enclose snapshots of the context help of the initial cluster, the intermediate array, and the final (wrong) cluster.  In reference to the pictures, the length of the 1-D arrays and the values within them are the only things subject to change.

Please could someone help by suggesting ways of getting round this problem.  Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,331 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iakovos

PLEASE do not post bitmaps by simply chaning the filename's extension to .jpg. Doing so does not change the filetype. There is a good reason why the forums software does not allow bitmaps, and that's because the file sizes are huge.

To your question: right-click on the Array to Cluster function and select "Cluster Size" from the popup menu to set the size of the output cluster. 

Message 2 of 3
(2,328 Views)
Sorry about the file extension thing.  Thanks for the solution though - i've obviously not explored with the right-click function enough.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,322 Views)