LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the Index Values property node with a multidimensional array.

I am using a 2D array to store operator inputs on my front panel.  I only want to display one element to the operator at a time.  I am trying to use the Index Values property node to change the displayed element.  However, I can only get the Rows index to work.  How do I direct the Columns index as well?  The help says to use one per dimension.  I need clarification on what this is talking about.  I've tried adding a second element to the property node, 2 seperate property nodes, and diferent wiring techniques. (series, parallel)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,849 Views)

If you only wire up one of the inputs (col or row) what you get out is a 1D array of either the column or row. If you wire controls to both, then you will get one element out of the array. Getting a single element in a 2D array requires you to specify both a row and column.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-08-2007 08:34 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,843 Views)
Seems straightforward enough... Let's see if this attachment works.

Randy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,828 Views)
You're right. He was asking about the IndexVals property node. Not the Index function. To show just one element though, you also have wite a 1 to NumCols and NumRows but since the user can't resize the array at run-time, I'm not sure what the whole point is now.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,817 Views)