From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use C code in labview 7.0?

Dear Forum,

Okay the help file is really pathetic on labview itself. It simply says "Use the code interface node" and the code interface node entry is "you can use this to use external blocks of code. Click here to learn how" and the link is broken. So, I was hoping someone could maybe point me in the right direction. I've got a block of c code saved as a .c file and I need to access it from my labview program. I'm guessing the best way to do this is a code interface node, but all they seem to have is an input terminal and an output terminal, with no easily noticeable way to link the node to the block of c code. Any advice?

~Confused and Frustrated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,484 Views)
Your help file must be corrupt (and it also sounds like you have an old version of LabVIEW). In all versions going back to LabVIEW 6.1), my help refers to the Using External Code in LabVIEW manual. This is a shipping document that's part of the LabVIEW Bookshelf. See if you can find this from the Help menu on the LabVIEW toolbar. In there, it explains how to create a DLL or LabVIEW subroutine (.lsb). The first is accessed with the Call Library Node and the .lsb is used by the Code Interface Node. To create a .lsb, you'll need a compatible compiler and is a bit more difficult (imho) than trying to create a DLL.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,475 Views)
Ah, alright, I'll look for that manually. I'm actually using 7.0 I was just paraphrasing the help file. It references that manual but the link to it generates an error.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,470 Views)
Look for a file called lvexcode.pdf. It should be in your Labview 7.0\Manuals folder. If it's not there, that could explain why the link doesn't work. You might want to try a repair or re-install.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,466 Views)