LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the time axis on my waveform chart to show run time i.e each time i start the program i should have 0 as my starting point

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I set the time axis on my waveform chart to show run time i.e each time i start the program i should have 0 as my starting point. I've been messing around with the without success. I'm running Labview 2012.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,927 Views)

In the Chart properties set the X-axis type to float. Then when you execute the code wire an empty array to the HistoryData property.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,922 Views)

I can't seem to figure out what you mean. I have no formal training with labview. It's taken me a long time to write the simple program I've attached. Any further guidance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,911 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author townes

@townes wrote:

I can't seem to figure out what you mean. I have no formal training with labview. It's taken me a long time to write the simple program I've attached. Any further guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Its pretty normal for a newbie taking time to write code. Right click the Waveform chart>Create> Property node>History Data, you will get a property node, keep that at the start of the code and create a constant. You can also go to the VI properties and>Execution and select "Clear Indicators when called".

I would recommend you to go through LabVIEW basic materials which will give you an understanding about the basics concepts/components of LabVIEW.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 5
(2,897 Views)

I will definately make the time to go through the basic materials. Thank you for yuor help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,891 Views)