LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I read data log files?

I am trying to use the "data logging" option found under the "Operate" menu in Labview. On the "Select a log file" window I create a .txt (or .dat) file and then I run my VI. The problem is that when I try to view this file to manipulate my data the file is not readable. It is probably in a binary format that cannot be viewed from Excel or other spreadsheet software. Does anyone know what I have to do in order to use this data log files? I have attached a file created through this data logging process as an example of what I am getting. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,968 Views)
Datalog files created by the menu options are the same type of files as you create with the file i/o functions. Their data type reflects the controls and indicators of the front panel of the VI it was created with. There are two ways of reading one of these files:

1) You drop the VI you used to create the file on another VI, right-click it on the block diagram and select "enable database access". The "halo" showing up around the VI allows you to take particular records out of the file depending on an index or time stamp.

2) You use the file i/o functions, and wire a cluster to the "Open" function that exactly reflects the front panel of the VI you created.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,968 Views)