LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I "clean up" a Project?

I know this is an old thread, but now that NI is on Labview 2014, I was just wondering if they ever finally built in a feature that can help clean up a project yet...?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(658 Views)

@R.Gibson wrote:

I know this is an old thread, but now that NI is on Labview 2014, I was just wondering if they ever finally built in a feature that can help clean up a project yet...?

You might not like this answer-

If you write your requirements before your VIs and, document your VIs before your sling the wires ----- This does not happenSmiley Wink  I would expect a "Clean up" after tool to severely enforce the idea that its better to code by intention.

Spoiler
I told you you might not like the answer

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 12 of 13
(649 Views)

I understand what you are saying. However, there is a lot of code re-use in my profession, since one test program is similar to another...so rather than re-inventing the proverbial wheel, we often take existing functional code and modify it to meet the new testing requirements. This sometimes means that some VIs or typedefs may fall off the project. Right or wrong, it would be nice if Labview offered an ability to clean these up after refactoring has occured.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(638 Views)