LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I produce a pulse on a dio-96 line?

I'm using Labview 6.1 and a PCI-DIO-96. Is there an easy way to produce a nominal 35 mS pulse on an output line? If I had a C/T or AO card on this machine I'd use it, but I don't. The approach in any other language would be 1) Raise the I/O line, 2) wait 35 mS, 3) lower the I/O line. I can't seem to find a way to do this in LabView even on paper. Which makes me think that it's either really hard or so blatently obvious that I can't see it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,185 Views)
You do exactly what you say. Use DIO Port Write (or Write to Digital Line), wait using the Wait(ms) function on the Time and Dialog palette, and write again. Since Wait(ms) doesn't have error in/error out connections, you can put it inside a sequence structure to enforce data flow or use Wait+(ms) function on the Data Acquisition>Counter>Intermediate Counter palette.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,180 Views)
Ah. Thanks. That got me to thinking about it a bit more. Once I realized I could feed a single Task ID to multiple objects (in different sequence frames) it was obvious.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,172 Views)
Be aware that the OS may introduce random delays which may make an occasional pulse much longer.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,168 Views)