From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print a picture (the 2D control) with exact dimensions?

I'd like to print some circles so that when they print on paper, I can measure them and their diameters will be exactly (or really close) to what I specify. Is there a good way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,264 Views)

To my best knowledge, there is no simple way to designate a particular unit length to front panel objects or curves on graphs/waveform charts when printing. Is there any specific reason why your circles need to be generated in LabVIEW? 

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,218 Views)

Why yes, there is a specific reason.

I'm going to buy some coins and this is my first-pass test to make sure the coins are exactly the diameter they should be. I'll print the circles on a piece of paper then lay the coins on their respective circles to see if the coins are the right diameter and shape.

If LabVIEW is capable of doing this, then I don't have to buy a bigger micrometer (mine only goes up to one inch) or buy and figure out some other fancy CAD software.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,213 Views)

I used to do that with VBA in Microsoft Word.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,207 Views)

I'm going to buy some coins and [...]

Buy a scale.  If the diameter & thickness are correct you'll want to know the weight is, too.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 5 of 6
(2,206 Views)

A scale is absolutely required, yes!

For the gold coins, if they fit into a specific volume and weigh at least a certain amount, they're either gold or something more expensive than gold to counterfeit.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,198 Views)