LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I play MP3 files within Labview?

Hello,

Is it possible to play MP3 files within labview? I know you can play a wav, but is there anything I can modify within the wave playing VI so I can play mp3's?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,452 Views)
Hi
You can download the Gamp mp3 player from this link:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B123AE0CBC8F111EE034080020E74861

Cheers
Alipio
---------------------------------------------------------
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
Message 2 of 9
(9,442 Views)
Could you use an Active X container to execute Windoze media player?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,411 Views)
AnalogKid2DigitalMan

I took a look at the example that "alipio" pointed out and it uses the windows media player... so I guess the answer to your question is yes. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,394 Views)
I neglected to look at the link. I remeber in LV Intermediate class we did an example with Active X and WMP.
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,383 Views)
with gamp, How can I have it automatically load a playlist that I want? For my project I want to input a mood, and based on that mood, I want GAMP to play a specific list of songs (i.e. a playlist)

Thanks

Hooman
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,347 Views)
Hi
I do not use Gamp nor player1. I know they play wav, mp3, etc using activeX, but can´t help in your work.

You can download player1 and see if fits better in your project.
Link: http://ibme.mc.ntu.edu.tw/labview/cgi-bin/download/files/
File: playe1.vi.

Hope it helps
Alipio
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(9,332 Views)

Is this thread updated ...LOL

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,491 Views)

Although the code I'm posting below is dreadful, it shows a simple example I put together quickly.

Information about the Windows Media Player COM Object can be found at this MSDN link.

The code below is a VI Snippet. It can be dragged and dropped into a blank block diagram. You might need to re-insert the WMP ActiveX Object (they can be annoying - I don't know) by right clicking on the container and selecting Insert Object...

wmp-playlist-list.png

Take care to close the appropriate references (I haven't!) and use the appropriate combination of Invoke Nodes and Property Nodes to find information or set/get values from the references you acquire.

Here, I get a 'playlistCollection' object and then getAll. You could instead getByName and pass the name of a string. I'm pretty confident there will be a way from there to start playing the playlist object reference returned!

GCentral
Message 9 of 9
(6,478 Views)