From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I output digital/analogue signals based on a text file

I have a CSV file with three fields in each record; time, rpm, and a voltage. A sample file is attached. The rpm numbers are generated using 8 counts/revolution. I want to replicate this file somehow. At a trade show this past weekend I was told Labview could possibly read this file and output the signals. How would this work? I develop an app in Labview that reads the txt file and then run the app. The app generates the signals using what device? Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
Toby
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,143 Views)
Many of the National Instruments hardware cards (or potentially third party manufacturers) can be used by LabVIEW to create analogue and digital I/O signals from a text file.

The PCI cards often have 2 analogue outputs and 8 analogue input channels (often more), as well as Digital I/O's and counter timers.

I suggest that you firm up your requirements and contact your local NI sales office for specific hardware advice.

Message Edité par Conseils le 12-18-2006 03:27 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,129 Views)

Hi Toby,

If you are looking at generating both analog and digital signals, a good option for you may be one of our Multifunction Data Acquisition boards.  More information about the various products we have in this line can be found here.  

Regards,
Andrew W
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,114 Views)