LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I open files online?

I have a set of data files that I can open in LabView when they are stored on my computer's hard drive.  I uploaded them onto the internet with the hope that the files could be accessed online as well.  My initial hope was that it would be a simple matter of entering the URL into the input pathname box the same way one would enter the hard drive pathname if the files were stored on the hard drive.

However, this doesn't seem to work.  LabView keeps trying to insert a '\' character at the beginning of the URL as if expecting it to be a hard drive pathname. It also opens a Windos dialog box for my hard drive, again as if expecting a hard drive pathname.

Is there a simple way to tell LabView to access data files stored online?  If so, how?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,410 Views)
As far as I know, you cannot use the path control for URL adresses. You can retreive your documents using Datasocket or TCP functions. Datasocket will be the easiest. Also there is an internet add-on toolkit that is very useful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,403 Views)
Use a Data socket read. Use your URL as string input and read the variant data (OR) you can use TCP read (OR) use activeX. Hope this helps,

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,389 Views)