From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a CIN with Visual Basic code?

I have code written in Visual Basic.  There are three files, a .bas file, a .vbp and a .frm file.  The code already works, but I would like to have LabView call it while doing something else at the same time.  I've looked into using CIN's and code library function in the user guide.  All it says is that VB can be used with the CIN but doesn't explain how.  Also the code library function isn't useful to me as I do not want to build a .dll file.  Can anybody give me a simple solution?  thx,

teky
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,763 Views)
Where in "Using LabVIEW with External Code" do you see a mention of VB and CINs? In my version it says the only supported compilers on windows are Visual C++ and Symantec C. Why don't you want to build a dll?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,762 Views)
It was actually Visual C++ that I saw, must have got mixed up.  Either way is it possible to use Visual Basic as a CIN?  I don't want to use the dll because Visual Basic does not allow standard Windows DLLs to be built.  I would assume that this will create some complications which I don't want to further investigate. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,758 Views)
No, you cannot use VB to create a CIN. It's been long time since I've used VB. Does it only allow you to create an ActiveX control now? What about .NET? LabVIEW has support for both.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,751 Views)
Yes VB only allows ActiveX controls to be made now.  Guess that is the only alternative.  Thx again,

teky
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,738 Views)