LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I keep trailing zeroes before a value?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys:)

I'm afraid this will be the first of a series of question as I stumble into my first complex program. Until now I've only done smaller scale, but this is more heavy.

The program will do a series of test for 10 circuits attached in 1 panel. Each circuit have their own serialnumber the user have to input in my program.

The serialnumber have a letter first (A = year 2010, B = year 2011 and so on). After that there is a five digit number.

Example: A00001, A00002, A00003 ...... etc.

Because there are 10 serialnumbers I would like that user inputs the first serialnumber: A00001. Then my program automatically increments the serialnumber by 1 for each circuit. Since the letter is changed per year I have put it as text to the left of the numeric control, so the user only have to input "00001".

My program increments the serialnumber correctly and I can see the serialnumber for each circuit. The only problem is:

What I want to see:

User input: 00001

SN1: 00001

SN2: 00002

SN10: 00010

What I see:

User input: 00001 (Changes into 1)

SN1: 1

SN2: 2

SN10: 10

Labview removes my zeroes to the left of the value. Any ways to change this? I tried to change from DBL till i32 or u32. I have only managed to get zeroes after ",".

I could probably make the whole input as a string, but then I cannot increment it so user have to input 10 serialnumbers. Where I work it is very important that the testcrew use as short time per test as possible.

Thanks and regards,

Even

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EvenDeejay

Just give Format string as "A%04d" in the numeric control ->Advanced Editing mode.

-Kumar.B

Message 2 of 4
(2,323 Views)

Properties -> Display Format - > Use Minimum Field Width -> 5, Pad with zeros on left

- Rkll

21964iF8D31349D2E0AEA5

Message 3 of 4
(2,319 Views)

Both worked so Kudos till you both, but I have to put one as solution so I put the first one.

Thanks

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,309 Views)