From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I keep the front panel on top of every windows (including non-LabVIEW windows)?

The question above states it all.  Basically I have a progress bar the tells the user to wait and I want it to remain in front of anything that pops up while it is running.  My program opens up and deploys a VeriStand project and while it is doing that I dont' want the user to be able to do anything in the front panel that launches it.  When VeriStand launches it goes in front of the status window and you can't see it anymore.  I want to prevent this from happening and keep it in front of any VeriStand windows that pop up when I call the executable and the deploy an SDF.  I did take a look at the WINUTIL.llb but it keeps either 1) giving me errors or 2) not keeping it on top of anything but the main front panel.

Any fixes or alternative solutions would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,665 Views)

I am not sure whether this will help, but you can try whats given in this link.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/39C7E3007DA284B686256B2E005C46FC

G

Message 2 of 4
(2,653 Views)

I did read that earlier and I just think I don't know enough of what I'm doing with library calls to make it work.  I kept getting errors and gave up on at the end of the day yesterday.  I'm working on other problems since this isn't a major one and figured I'd post it and see if anyone already had a solution to it.

Thanks for the help though, it's appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,650 Views)

So the VI option of Floating and don't hide when out of focus isn't enough?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,031 Views)