NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

LabVIEW

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
locktofer

How do I install instrument drivers contained in LLB into Labview 8.6?

I downloaded a third party Labview driver for a temperature chamber (Watlow) and unzipped it to find it had an LLB library. I can access all the VIs through the LLB manager, but how can I take those VIs and import them into Labview so that I can then find them in my I/O instrument control Palette? Since these VIs are in an LLB, I don't know how to take them out of there and put them into labview 8.6. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Rick

Trusted Enthusiast
Christian Mergl

Re: How do I install instrument drivers contained in LLB into Labview 8.6?

locktofer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, I had already seen this article and it does not answer the question of how you actually extract the files from an LLB. I tried several different ways and none worked. This article referes to having an executable file with the drivers that installs them for you. My situation is that I don't have an executable that installs the files in the wrong directory, I simply don't have an executable and just have an LLB. Any other suggestions you can think of?

Best regards

Rick

Trusted Enthusiast
Christian Mergl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

When I read this KB it exactly tells me in which directories I need to copy the llb file manually, so that I have the contained VIs in my Functions Palette in LabVIEW.......

Message Edited by Christian_M on 09-30-2008 11:49 AM
locktofer
0 Kudos

OK, I understand, I just dumped the entire LLB into the directory and it worked! I thought you somehow had to extract the files out of the LLB somehow and then place them in the directory. Thanks for your time in helping out!

Best regards,

Locktofer