LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I increase the buffer size in DAQ Assistant

I am conducting continuous data aquisition. My buffer seems to be filled after a few hours. I have searched online on how to increase the buffer but most people do it in DAQmx and not in DAQ Assistant. How can one increase the buffer in DAQ Assistant. I am using LabView 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,818 Views)

If your buffer is filling up, then enlarging the buffer isn't going to help except delay how much longer it takes before it does fill up.

What you need to do is figure out why your buffer if filling up.  Are you doing anything else time consuming in the loop that is acquiring the data?  Such as writing to a file or heavy calculations?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,815 Views)

DAQ Assistant is not capable of changing advanced parameters.  It's just a convenience for LabVIEW noobs.  If you need to do advanced configurations you need to learn DAQmx.

In any case, RavenFan is right, you will have to find the root cause of the slow down and fix that.  Post your VI or use the profiling tools to determine where memory and timing issues might be causing a bottleneck in your data collection.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,799 Views)