LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I include support files with my application destined for a different directory?

I have an application that I now have support files for. From reading other posts and looking at the help I cannot grasp how I am supposed to do this. I want my main .exe in one directory and my support files in another. I am assuming I have to build an installer to do this even though I already have the LVRTE installed on the PC. So how do I, for example, have my application files in c:\Labview\Builds and my support files in c:\Labview\Support Files? Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,195 Views)
trosier,

You have built the LabVIEW EXE and now have a Data directory and your build, which you would like to place in different directories using the Installer correct?  If so, you can try to explicitly place the support files in the project and add those in the Destination View in the Installer Build Specification.  This will probably include the Data directory as well since you need to include the entire Application Build Specification to the destination of the installer, but you can delete this either manually or with another EXE.  If you are just trying to change where the support files are placed when building an EXE, on the Destination page you can change which folder on disk you want the support files placed. 

Hope this helps!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,179 Views)