From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the reference numbers for cursors in a waveform graph (other than through an event structure)?

I want to control cursors in a waveform graph programmatically.  I've tried using the "Cursor list" property, modifying the cursor clusters and writing the results back to the cursor list property, but this only works sporadically.  Modifying the cursors by ref number works well, but you have to get the refnumbers  from an event structure during a cursor event.  Is there any way to get cursor reference numbers aside from through an event structure?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,358 Views)

Hi barryinbo,

On the controls pallette, go to refnums> Control refnum>Control. Then right click the refnum and point to select vi server class>Generic > and you will see a cursor there. This will be a "loose typed refnum" but you can right click the refnum to include data type. An alternative is to drag a cursor to the refnum, this will make it strict typed.

Hope this helps

Chris Co.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,356 Views)