LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get some NI phone support his holiday weekend?

Solved!
Go to solution

So it's almost a three day weekend here in the states (Independence Day) - I've got a project that I'm running a few days behind on, so I'm thinking "I've got a lot of work to do, I might put in a few hours tonight before the holiday". I open up an old VM (LabVIEW 2012), and it tells me my license has expired - no worries, that's bound to happen every year or so. So I try to re-activate it using the automated feature, but it doesn't work for some reason. Ok, so I try manual activation (the one where you call a number, give them your Computer ID and they do some magic on the other end that makes everything work), but the number has an automated message that NI is closed for the weekend. I try a different support number, same message. Another number, again, the automated message.

I'd like to get some work done this weekend - how can I get my version of LabVIEW up and running to make that happen?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,507 Views)

So after the license manager telling me that my registration was unsuccessful, I get an email:

Dear Christopher Relf,

Thank you for choosing National Instruments products. If your product is not yet activated, use the activation codes listed below. Please save the activation codes in case you need to reactivate your products on the same computer.

Serial Number:               A11B22222

Product:                     LabVIEW

Version:                     2012 SP1

Expire Date:                 17-Apr-2015

Activation Code:             AAAA-B222-C33C-D44D-E5EE

Great! So I pop that code in, and...

"The activation code you provided cannot be used. Its expiration date is either expired or earlier than the current expiration date of the license."

Nice.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,500 Views)

Maybe you mistyped your serial number?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,461 Views)

@crelfVO wrote:

So it's almost a three day weekend here in the states (Independence Day) - I've got a project that I'm running a few days behind on, so I'm thinking "I've got a lot of work to do, I might put in a few hours tonight before the holiday". I open up an old VM (LabVIEW 2012), and it tells me my license has expired - no worries, that's bound to happen every year or so. So I try to re-activate it using the automated feature, but it doesn't work for some reason. Ok, so I try manual activation (the one where you call a number, give them your Computer ID and they do some magic on the other end that makes everything work), but the number has an automated message that NI is closed for the weekend. I try a different support number, same message. Another number, again, the automated message.

I'd like to get some work done this weekend - how can I get my version of LabVIEW up and running to make that happen?

Did you try to contact NI people from some other countries? Is there any possibility you think that they can help you out?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,454 Views)

Chris,

Email me your serial number and computer ID and I'll see what I can do.

I'll be around for another 30 mintues or so and then I'll be back online tonight.

Simon Hogg

Message 5 of 9
(3,421 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author crelf

So I got help from one of those awesome LabVIEW Champions (man, I love those people!):

DanyAllard wrote:
To get rid of this situation, you will need to download License file from NI and replace the one you have on your PC. 

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2012-sp1/3821/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,417 Views)

@billko wrote:

Maybe you mistyped your serial number?

Good point Bill, but no - it's the same serial I've been using for years.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,415 Views)

P@Anand wrote:
Did you try to contact NI people from some other countries? Is there any possibility you think that they can help you out?

Actually, yes - I tried a bunch of numbers, but most of the support numbers are toll-free, and don't work here from the US.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,413 Views)

@SimonH wrote:

Email me your serial number and computer ID and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the offer Simon <insert red coat comment here>.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,411 Views)