From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix my VI when error -1074000000 and -213 "Init ignored" comes up and what does it mean?

When I run Test Main 002.vi in debugging mode, this error continues to pop up.  I am finding and recording the voltages for a Keithley 2700 multimeter.  I have Test Main 002.vi call on Read Volt.vi and this VI calls on Configure Volt Task.vi.  I got most of the functions used by the latter two programs from the Keithley 27XX driver.  Everything there seems to work fine.  All the example codes given by the Keithley 27XX software run just fine and give good values.  When I look at everything in debugging mode, there seems to be a value that appears for voltage but then the error pops up.  No error is given anywhere else.  Could anyone let me know where my error in the programs is and how to fix it?  Thanks. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,824 Views)

Hi,

When you say debugging mode, are you referring to highlight execution?  Does the program work when not in debugging mode?

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,795 Views)

Yes, I did mean highlight execution.  It was not able to work when it was run normally.  I did fix the problem though.  The problem is that the boolean attached to Initiate.vi (given as a function from the instrument drivers) that drove the "continuous initiation" was set to true and it needed to be set to false.  After I did this, I was able to get to program to work just fine.  I have been able to run it for several hours now without any hiccups.
Another option I found was to be able to unbundle the error cluster attached to the Read Volt.vi in my Test Main 002.vi under the acquire case and force the boolean to be false such that it would ignore the error.  It was not the best way to do it but it was a work around. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,778 Views)