LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I execute an *.exe online?

Hi

two questions:

1. How do I access files on the server where the executable resides on the server in the same directory?

2. How do I execute an Exe file on all devices online?

thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,738 Views)

@Help66 wrote:

Hi

two questions:

1. How do I access files on the server where the executable resides on the server in the same directory?

2. How do I execute an Exe file on all devices online?

thank you.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question.  I have some questions and comments of my own.

• By "executable", do you mean a LabVIEW Program that you have written and built as an Executable?
  • Are you familiar with LabVIEW programming?
  • Have you taken a class in LabVIEW, or studied (and tried to learn from) the various Tutorial material, including the Tutorials noted on the upper right of the first page of this LabVIEW Forum?
  • Are you familiar with the File I/O functions?  Have you read the Help pages of functions that appear to be related to the questions you ask?
  • What do you mean by "Execute an Exe file on all devices online"?  Does this mean "Enumerate all possible devices available on this (Windows) PC, and execute some File I/O instructions on each enumerated device"?

The purpose of this Forum is to help you to learn and use LabVIEW.  I recommend that you clarify what it is you want to do by writing (yourself) some LabVIEW code to (try to) do whatever it is you hope to do, and then posting your code (this means attach your VI -- don't bother attaching a picture of the Block Diagram, since we cannot study or execute a picture, but can do this with VIs) when you post on this Forum.  It is much easier to understand what you are trying to do by looking at code, particularly if you explain where it fails to "do the right thing".

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(3,729 Views)

Hi

thanks for that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,709 Views)