LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter the license number for the (mac) evaluation version of Labview?

Hi, I want to activate my evaluation version of labview, but there is nothing in the labview menu to allow this.  All the instruction on the web are for the windows version but I am using the mac version.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,171 Views)

Hi Jamu!

According to the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/38FDE969B08A0FAB862575F2007A6064?OpenDocument

You cant activate the evaluation version, you need to first uninstall the evaluation version and then install the complete version. Check the note on the document:

"When you decide to move from the evaluation version to the licensed version, you will need to uninstall the evaluation version first. Then you may install the licensed version. The reason you can't simply activate the evaluation version with a serial number is that there is no notion of License Manager on Mac OS or Linux. Running the installer from purchased media will install the complete version of LabVIEW on the computer, and you will not have to explicitly activate any components."

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!!!

Message 2 of 9
(9,160 Views)

it can find where in need to type in my serial numer i have also a mac. i delete the previous evaluation version but where can i activate my code and download the right labview for mac?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,976 Views)

On the Mac you do not need to enter the serial number (unless you are installing a really old version- like LV 3). I think it is embedded in the installer on the disk.

Because they do not have an activation process for Mac (or Linux) I am not sure a downloadable version is available other than the evaluation version.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,970 Views)
Ok! Thank for yor reply! I will search for it
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,967 Views)
Lynn,

I searched for another labview for mac but the only 1 i could find is labview2013evaluation.dmg i used it for 30 days so my trial is expired. Im a student. I have a serial number. But when i open labview it says: this evaluation software has expired... An now i dont know where i can register my number so i can use lv again

Mathias
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,962 Views)

Unfortunately you cannot download the MAC OS version of LabVIEW for full activation. The only download we provide is for the trail version. You need the physical media to install and activate the full LabVIEW Mac version. You should contact whomever you received the activation code from and get the media disk from them. 

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,943 Views)

I got the serial number from the National Instruments website on this page https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30610

I am a student. Now, who do I contact for a physical media disc? Why don't they allow us to download the full version of LabView for mac on the website? -_-

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,867 Views)

@syedkarooney wrote:

I got the serial number from the National Instruments website on this page https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30610

I am a student. Now, who do I contact for a physical media disc? Why don't they allow us to download the full version of LabView for mac on the website? -_-

Because there is no license manager for the Mac. The evalution version is specifically compiled to contain certain limitations in the installed components. Once you install the full version from the media it is fully activated already. Without license manager there is no possibility to have a donwloadable installer that could be activated with a license code, so if they would post the full installer on the net anybody could install the system without needing to pay.

If you use the LabVIEW for Windows version there is no media distribution for the Student Edition other than some packages from Sparkfun and co that contain other goodies such as books or hardware platfoms. You simply start the NI License manager and enter the serial number for your product that you got. If you are on the Mac, your organization (university, school or whatever) should have the necessary media. NI doesn't distribtute media to end users for student licenses.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,852 Views)