LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I document data type of the terminals for a VI?

In the CLD exem prep guide, it is stated that you should provide concise documentation in the VI Properties of the subVIs with the overall purpose of the subVI and the description and data type of the terminals.

Where does one document the data type of terminals? Please bear in mind that time is a limited resource during a Labview CLD exam.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,303 Views)

Normally when you show your terminals in a subVI, you can already see what the datatype is (dbl, I32, string, bool,...)

Except for complex datatypes like clusters it is not the case.  The thing that you should do then is to indicate what the datatype of such a control is in the documentation.

BTW this documentation should be used as well to give a short explanation of what your VI does.

If you don't know where to find the documentation : VI Properties => Documentation.

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,300 Views)

Thankyou.

So something like this for an array of clusters?

<b>Token Array</b> is an array of clusters. Each cluster contains two strings named Tag and Value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,275 Views)

something like that yes. 

Good luck

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,266 Views)