LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I determine the executable version number?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I have a VI and a build specification for it.  In the Version Information section of the build specification, I set the version number to auto-increment.  I would like to display this version number on an indicator on the front panel of the executable, but I have not found a property that provides this information. Does anybody know how to get the executable version number? I am aware that it is possible to right-click on the .exe file in windows explorer, go to properties and get it that way, but I would like to display it on the VI itself.

On a related topic, I have noticed that only the 'build' field of the version gets auto-incremented. How does the application builder decide when it is time to increment the major, minor and fix fields?  Or will it only ever auto-increment the build field and I am supposed to update the other fields manually? (That would actually make sense, but I would like confirmation.)

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,064 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlejandroZepeda
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,054 Views)

I usually keep tis AE in my reuse library.

App Kind AE_BD.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 7
(4,041 Views)

Funny-  I thought that would post snippette-wise (Funny doings with the firewall here)  Updated to silver

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 7
(4,010 Views)

Hi.

Thanks for your responses.  I ended up doing a hybrid of the 2 solutions offered and got it working.  I am surprised that this is so hard to do.

Thanks,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,965 Views)

Unfortunately some of the property nodes/invoke nodes do not exist in Linux version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,640 Views)

I just posted what should be a workable solution for Linux on a similar question.  See if this solution works for you.  [I'm not sure how to paste a link to it, but this is what shows on the Address Bar when I view my earlier post ...]

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Determining-the-version-of-an-executable-under-Linux/td-p/957378

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,615 Views)