LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create labview program for Mass flow controller

Just beginning to communicate with mf1 now using LV7.  Am using process usb port, just treat as serial comm.   

Refer to pg 74 in manual for commands.  Example: send @01F[cr]  gives @-CFdddddddd[cr]  in sccm.  

Below is graph of performance.

I'm attempting to get into the other usb(service) port now to eliminate softstart ramp currently set for 20 sec.

Will also add that solution when successful. 

>note set baud = 115200 8bit no parity, 1 stop, no handshake

good luck

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,822 Views)

http://mksdemunpr01/production/mkscd/mks-Dateien/_Intro/mks.htm

For the driver needed to access MF1 setup usb port.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,805 Views)

from manual-pg 28   Did not see usbser.sys in link above so will attach.

For the CDC mode “usbser.sys” has to be installed on the Windows PC. It is included on
the Windows installation CD. For the installation of the MF1 the file 'mkscdc.inf' is required,
which is included on the CD delivered with the MFC.

Message 13 of 20
(1,796 Views)

@rgwagner888

Greetings,

I have been trying to update the Minipuls3 .llb from Doctor's Roth website. Could you please be so kind as to indicate me how you achieved this. thank you for your time

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,742 Views)

In case somebody stumples upon an old MF1 and wants to integrate them in their LV measurements software or so, here is a very basic VI for communicating with the MF1. Install all required drivers, select the right COM port and type in the correct adress, choose your command and optionally a value and run the VI.  

Best of success!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(932 Views)

The curse of bytes at port continues. Somewhere I hear Crossrulz cry out - "STILL NOT ENOUGH EXCLAMATION POINTS!"

Back on topic, configure your port to use termination character 13 <CR> and visa read to read more data than you ever expect to see to make sure you are reading a full message.

Bytes at port.png

You can also get rid of the frame and wait now. Yay!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(919 Views)

Great, thanks for your tip!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(906 Views)

Hello!

Do you have any tips on how to create a labVIEW program using Brooks MFC and ADAM 4000 modules?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(393 Views)

@i_papaioannou wrote:

Hello!

Do you have any tips on how to create a labVIEW program using Brooks MFC and ADAM 4000 modules?

There's a DLL and a video on the subject from Brooks here:  Brooks LabVIEW™ DLL | Brooks Instrument

Other than that, you would have to provide much more detail about your application.  I would start a new thread though. 😉

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(389 Views)

I saw the video from Brooks but in contrast with what I want to do, they use the NI DAQ and not ADAM modules. However, as you recommended I have already started a new thread. Would you be able to assist me?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(386 Views)