From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create an artificial horizon indicator?

I need to create an artificial horizon indicator to show pitch and roll.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(9,524 Views)
A solution is to use a picture indicator as in the attached vi.
The "trackball" is just the cursor of an XY graph placed over a boolean.
You can further improve the display by adding scales (see Functions > Graphic and sound > Picture plots) or making it round-shaped (use a mask).

Enjoy
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 14
(9,489 Views)
what about using a rotary - instrument with two needles (180° angle)
and change the position of the indicator using a property node

regards
timo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(9,476 Views)
Hi, I am also trying to find an artificial horizon and have also posted on a few forums. Have you had any success and if so could I have the instrument?

thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(9,371 Views)
Hello,

I was not able to open the posted code, nor am I familiar with what a "horizon indicator" is.  If you can give me a description of this I can try to help you further.

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(9,326 Views)
Hi,
I had problems opening that as well but a different version is now available on a different discussion.
In my case, I am using 2 accelerometers orientated perpendicular to each other and used to display the attitude of an aircraft in flight i.e. pitch and roll angles. The artificial horizon shows both these variables on the same display. Stick artificial horizon into google images for a better idea of what i mean.

cheers

andrew
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(9,317 Views)
JLS, an artificial horizon indicator is an instrument that is found on aircraft. It allows the pilot to determine the attitude of the vehicle while in flight. It wil indicate whether the plane is banking, climbing or diving. Since it is not always obvious to the pilot, especially when they cannot se the ground, it is an invaluable instrument to have.

Hope that helps

Message Edited by RM2 on 03-27-2006 07:23 PM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(9,310 Views)

I want to create a artificial horizon having display should be like that as attched in fig below. How can I make it in front panel?new1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,707 Views)
I see this in one of labview examples that simulate airplane landing |
did you search in labview example about it
Message 9 of 14
(6,651 Views)

Yes I checked it. Nothing is given like that in some example they give 3D plotting but nothing like artificial horizon or attitude indicator

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,608 Views)