From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the DDE Format parameter to something other than cf_text?

I'm trying to use DDEAdviseStart.vi to communicate with an existing DDE Server written in C++. I can connect to ther server OK. However, I need to change the data format to something other than cf_text. Any advice would be appreciated.

phil
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,420 Views)
Hi Phil,

What's the nature of the data that you use to communicate with your server (images, tables, ...)?
The attached document lists different formats that are used by Excel 97 that might give you an idea. You could get the list of clipboard formats from MSDN site as well.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the LabVIEW aspects of it. Good luck with your application!
Shakhina P.
Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,409 Views)
Shahina,
Thanks for your reply. I'm passing parameter data to/from an embedded motion controller via a DDE Server.

The document your referenced explains the different clipboard formats. What I still don't understand is how to change the clipboard format of the data I'm sending from LabView to my DDE Server. All of my DDE messages are being sent with the clipboard format cf_Text. How can I change this to cf_MyFormat. Is there a vi to handle this?

phil
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,390 Views)
Hi philiP,

I think we would be of greater service to you if you provided a sample VI that shows,

What you have now
and
What you want

From what you have said so far I can't even begin to guess at the answer toeither of those questions.

So...
Please help us help you by posting some code for us to look at.

Trying got help,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,387 Views)