From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I call VISA Read multiple times without a timeout?

Using a termination character will not be an option. Most of the data is binary, and as such, any bit pattern is possible. The first 2 bytes will be ASCII and some number of bytes (determined by the value of the second byte) after that will ASCII. The remaining data is then binary.

I have tried this same vi on a standard PCI GPIB controller and found it to work fine. However, using a GPIB USB B controller seems to fail with multiple reads from an instrument query. I wish I knew what was going on.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(336 Views)
I've tried to get similar code to work with both a PCI-GPIB board as well as a GPIB USB-B, and have not had any success with either using VISA. I do have success using the GPIB function calls rather than VISA function calls. Could you attach a SPY capture to your next post of where you application works with the PCI-GPIB interface, and one where it does not work with GPIB USB-B? I'm trying to find out more from R&D, however the R&D technical conference started today, so I am no sure how quickly I'll be able to get a response for you. Anyhow, please attach the files if possible, and we will go from there.

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(322 Views)