From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add virtual folders to dependencies the way it is automatically done for vi.lib or user.lib?

For any main-vi added to a project all subvis and dependencies are added automatically. For all subvis saved under the standart path vi.lib or user.lib a separate folder is added under dependencies. Since I am not storing the subvis locally on C but on a network-drive, such a virtual folder is not added. I was hoping someone could tell me how to either manually add or preferably automatically have the project explorer add the virtual folders for vis in the same directory. This in my opinion has the major advantage to quickly hide or display vis of interest.

(Im using LV2011 under win7.)

Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,224 Views)

The dependencies section, by definition, is automatic. If you want the code to be in virtual folders, you'll need to put it in the project itself. This applies regardless of whether the code is on the local drive or not. In the case of vi.lib and user.lib, NI would have had to add special code for that, presumably mainly because the expectation is that code there is code you will never touch directly.

(2,208 Views)

VIs on a server ask just asking for trouble.  What happens when somebody accidentally saves them in a newer version of LabVIEW than what the rest of the team is using?  And that is one of the more pleasant scenarios.

I'm left to assume the VIs on the server are meant as a reuse library.  A better way would be to use VI Package Manager to bundle your reuse code into packages.  You can then install the libraries on a per LabVIEW install basis into user.lib.  This also helps keep everybody on the same level and somebody else's mistakes doesn't take everybody down.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,201 Views)