cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I acquire the signal with very high sampling frequency

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

My name is Ho Luc. I'm trying to aquire the signal with Labview (Sthelescope). The signal comes from acoustic sensor, then filters and amplifiers to fit ADC range (0-5V). So, the maximum frequency of signal is 40Khz.

According to Nyquist theorem, I have to sample the signal at least 80Khz. 

Is there any devices has sampling frequency like that? or is there any other better way? I used the Arduino before but it was just about 10Khz.

I need your advice. 
Thank you everyone and have a good day.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,997 Views)

If you visit NI.com, you can browse available NI hardware. There are many different options in many different form factors which can sample with 80 kHz. But sampling rate is just only one important parameter. You also need to specify what is the required resolution, accuracy, etc...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,979 Views)

Thank Blokk, Can you recommend some of them? Maybe the cheap devices will be suitable for student like me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,976 Views)

Only based on the required sampling rate info, you need at least the USB-6003, which can sample with a rate of 100 kHz, see some options here:

http://sine.ni.com/np/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/daq/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n17:daq,n36:19,n21:41/

Message 4 of 7
(2,972 Views)

Thanks for your recommendation

But is there any way without USB Data Acquisition, It's quite expensive for me. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,953 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lucbk

@holucbme wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation

But is there any way without USB Data Acquisition, It's quite expensive for me. 

No, this is cheapest option from NI. I tried to search for options at other companies, but most I have found either in the same price range, or not meeting your sampling rate requirement.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,941 Views)

Thank you so much  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,934 Views)