LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How create a multi-plot graph with remanence?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm writting a program where I'm using only one graph to display 3 plots. However, the 3 plots are not acquired at the same time. Therefore, I can't use the multi-plot graphs I've found so far.

To make it clear, what's happening is the following:

- one measurement is realized between 0 and 10s, and it is displayed on a graph

- then, once the first measurement is done (and only after it is done), a second measurement is realized between 0 and 10s as well. I would like to diplay this second measurement on the top of the first one

- finally, a third measurement is realized between 0 and 10s and only if the 2nd measurement is over. Same thing as before, I would like to display on the same graph the 3 measurements even if the data have not been acquired at the same time.

The graphs I have found can only display 3 curves at the same time. If I start to plot the second curve on the top of another one, the previous measurement is deleted.

Also, I want to have the 3 measurements displayed in real time. Of course, I could realize the 3 acquisitions and then plot them on the same graph, but that is not what I'm looking for here.

Do you guys have any idea on how to overcome this issue?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,967 Views)

What is "remanence"?

Attach your VI so we can see how you are attempting to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,947 Views)

By "remanence", I mean something which stays and which is not deleted.

I'm attaching a VI which will hopefully help you to understand my problem. On the graph of the VI, I would like to have 3 different curves overlapped corresponding to the 3 loops "for", and not something like the VI shows where the data generated by the 3 loops are back to back.

Does that make sense?

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,938 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MattWSU

Then the word you are looking for is "memory".

You don't have a graph in your VI, you have a chart, which won't work for what you want.  I fixed your vI replacing the chart with a waveform graph.

You need to use shift registers to maintain a memory of what should be in the graph from one iteration to the next.

The datatype you want is an array of a cluster of an array so you can have multiple independent graphs of varying lengths in the array.

Message 4 of 7
(2,930 Views)

Oh man, I have spent quite a bit of time on that whitout figuring the answer.

Thank you very much, that is perfect!

PS: Memory works better indeed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,911 Views)

Hello to all.
Sorry for the intrusion.
I have to create a graph from a table with three columns. The graph should have the elements of the first two columns on the x unified those of the third column on the y axis.
Can you tell me first how to unify the first two columns, and then how to put everything in a chart?
Thank you very much.
I attach the image on the part of my program in question.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,813 Views)

Please start a new message thread.

Posting the same message in multiple older messages won't help you get help, and winds up wasting people's efforts if they help you in one message not realizing you've already been helped in the other.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,803 Views)