From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How creat a strip chart with difference Y-scales

Solved!
Go to solution

There are a plethora of examples for charting and graphing including mixed signal charts.  Maybe I'm missing the point but I cannot find what I'd like.  I would like to chart two different signals over time where the signals are separately autoscaled on the Y-axis.   Attached is a hand sketeched example.   I need to chart the results of a device under load in Lbs and show the comparison of a displacement sensor in inches.  Is this possible?  I prefer not to use stacked plots.  I'm using LV 2009 SP1.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,751 Views)

Right click on the existing scale and select Duplicate Scale. Expand your plot legend to show both plot 0 and plot 1. Right click on the one you want to assign to the new scale and select Y Scale. Select the new scale. You can also right click on any of the scales and select Swap Sides if you want once scale on the left and one scale on the right.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,743 Views)

Thank you for the prompt response.  I didn't realize the scales can be duplicated.  At this point I have the first plot to autoscale to its input.  However, I cannot get the second plot to autoscale.  Attached is a screen shot.  I'd like the lower valued red plot to match the Position scale.  How do I do this?  The scale range of 0 to 10 for Position was manually entered but should be 0 to 100; based on the red plot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,734 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dj143

An image is pretty hard to debug. Did you assign the red plot to the scale by clicking on the plot legend. Your chart does not have the plot legend visible.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,722 Views)

That's it...  You said to do this in the previous reply but I missed the point.   Now if I could just  spell "create" right the fist time...

Thank your for your help.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,709 Views)