LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I use Appendchunk Function in DBTools

I am a user of Labview2009,I want save a binary file into MySQL(5.1) and I want use the Appendchunk Function ,which is one method of the ADO-parameter object . How should I do it with LabView DBTools?

thanks your help!

charles

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,491 Views)

Have you tried looking in the Database Connectivity Toolkit documentation yet? I've implemented sending all kinds of data to a SQL database with its help. You can find it at:

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/F0E03761C7F4ACB486256A3E00509BA9?OpenDocument

I'm not aware of how to use the Appendchunk function in LabVIEW. I'm not sure what will be the best way to store your data. You send/receive data with this toolkit using variants, but you might have to tell the database you are sending up a string. So unless you can send up the file, you'll need to open up the file and send its contens up as a string. If I'm wrong about that is there someone that knows how to send up a file to a DB with this toolkit?

Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,450 Views)

Correct me if I am wrong

Appendchuck belongs to ADO, which is a microsoft is a set of Component Object Model, so I think it could be implemented using ActiveX method.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,420 Views)