From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I use Appendchunk Function in DBTools

I am a user of Labview2009,I want save a binary file into MySQL(5.1) and I want use the Appendchunk Function ,which is one method of the ADO-parameter object . How should I do it with LabView DBTools?

thanks your help!

charles

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,487 Views)

Have you tried looking in the Database Connectivity Toolkit documentation yet? I've implemented sending all kinds of data to a SQL database with its help. You can find it at:

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/F0E03761C7F4ACB486256A3E00509BA9?OpenDocument

I'm not aware of how to use the Appendchunk function in LabVIEW. I'm not sure what will be the best way to store your data. You send/receive data with this toolkit using variants, but you might have to tell the database you are sending up a string. So unless you can send up the file, you'll need to open up the file and send its contens up as a string. If I'm wrong about that is there someone that knows how to send up a file to a DB with this toolkit?

Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,446 Views)

Correct me if I am wrong

Appendchuck belongs to ADO, which is a microsoft is a set of Component Object Model, so I think it could be implemented using ActiveX method.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,416 Views)