LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you read and display excel graph data (X and Y) into Data Dashboard for Ipad?

Hi,

I am a Biomedical Engineering student trying to create a Data Dashboard which can be used to monitor an ECG waveform.

I am able to save the data points of the wavefrom into an Excel spreadsheet and I want to be able to send these points to Data Dashboard to recreate the signal and view it on a graph on my Ipad (using data dashboard app).

Could someone please give me some instruction as to how I can use LabView to get this Excel data INTO Data Dashboard

Thanks in advance,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,568 Views)

This Whitepaper may be of some use to you. You could take the data from excel into LabVIEW and then have the data output into shared variables for data dashboard.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13757/en/

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(2,527 Views)
Why not write directly to Shared Variables?

There is also a dedicated board for Data Dashboard that you should be posting to.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Hi Rob,

Your reply did help! I am able to send a shared variable to data dashboard succesfully and view it on an indicator on the Ipad. However, I want to be able to send data of a graph with pre-existing X and Y values from a file path (excel spreadsheet) saved on the PC.And finally display these same points on a graph on data dashboard. Do I need to make a web service for this type of application? If so how do I accomplish this with the web service?

Thanks,

Alex G.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,480 Views)

I've only used data dashboard to take data that my PC is receiving/logging and update it to my iPhone through the app and shared variables. Not sure how you would do this if you already have the data in Excel other than to pull it out of the excel file and then write the data to the shared variables to see in data dashboard. You might try checking out the other dedicated forums to see if someone else has done something similar you your project.

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,455 Views)