From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i connect my matlab script with my VI?

Hi

My main VI open a folder of PNG files and write the pixel in binary code and then a program in C++ get the coordinations of 3 pixels, that are put in a file txt. Then the VI read the txt files and  put this coordinations in 6 vector. Now i want to use this vectors in a matlab script. The problem is that i have done the subVI, which calls the matlab script, but i'm not sure it's correct, and also i don't know how the connect it with the main VI.

What can i do?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,655 Views)

Hi,

here is some general information about transferring data between matlab and labview.

I am not sure what you mean by " I don't know how the connect it with the main VI". Is this a general question about how to use subVIs in a main VI or do you mean where in your main VI the subVI should be?

Is it correct that you want to call 3 seperate scripts? Why don't you connect your subVI (3 seperate Instances) to your scriptnames. As far as I can see that should be the input of the SubVI, correct?

Best,

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,593 Views)