From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can LabVIEW press a command button in access form?

Solved!
Go to solution

Situation: access database with a command button, who generate a code after pushing

Task: LabVIEW open the access database, pressed the command button and read out the code

• use activeX to open the access database - ready
  • press the command button - open
  • read out the code - open

Problem: Is there a possibility that LabVIEW press automatically the command button in the access form?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,478 Views)

First off, you are confusing your terms. Access is not a database. It's an development environment for creating applications that use databases. By default, Access uses a DBMS called Jet that is built into Windows, but it can use others like SQL Server or even Oracle.

Second, in terms of pushing the button, that is totally dependent upon what functionality Access' ActiveX interface chooses to expose to external applications.

Third, what does the button actually do? The statement, "..generate a code.." is meaningless. Does it perform a query? Does it generate a report? Does it modify records?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,410 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TobSTAR

Dear Mike,
thx for reply. You are right MS Access is really not a database. 😉

When the operator will push the button the programm generate a serial number and add the new number in the article table.
So pushing button means process this code.

Solution
After I became the password, to unlock the database, I check the code behind the button and build this with LabVIEW.

So it is not necessary to push the button 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,367 Views)
Yes! That is what I was leading to with my question about what the button actually does.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,340 Views)