LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use labview to FT images from a CCD realtime?

Hi,
I want to use labview to process my images realtime and display the output. I am using a Basler CCD camera to capture the images. I do not know where to begin, whether I need toolboxes or different hardware. The Basler cameras use firewire and are programable in C++ but I do not know this language. Can I get labview to retrieve the output from this camera and perform a Fourier transform on it frame by frame and display the results? Please advise.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,733 Views)
AJ17,

Yes you can do this in LabVIEW. You will need to ensure your camera is firstly supported:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nipc.specs?action=search&asid=1102

Then, you will need to purchase NI-Vision which is the vision library that has all the vision processing functions within it. I would advise purchasing the Vision development module.

You may also need a frame grabber but look at the camera advisor ni.com/advisors to find more information about the correct one.

NI-IMAQ 1394 and NI-IMAQ for USB is also available.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Steven Bird
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(2,709 Views)
Thanks Steven! We already have a group licence for the Vision software but do I have to buy the NI-IMAQ licence seperately? Is the NI-IMAQ for using in replacement of a frame grabber?

Anne Marie
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,706 Views)
Anna,

NI-IMAQ is a free driver likewise for NI-IMAQ for USB. However the firewire drive you may have to buy unless its part of the academic bundle.

NI-IMAQ supports all NI frame grabbers.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Steven Bird
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,702 Views)
Thanks, yes that helps. It seems to be working! However I do have one more question... Is there a function for doing a 2D FFT? And where would I find it? We have labview 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,696 Views)
AJ17, NI-Vision only has the IMAQ FFT for an IMAGE. The image format is based on a 2D array of values. However I don't believe this is algorithm in which you require?

If its not I believe you could create this yourself, make a dll and then call it within LabVIEW.

Kind Regards

Steven Bird
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,687 Views)
I posted this one in another similar thread.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,684 Views)