From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use different DAQmax and DAQ assistant in a labview code?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new in labview and want to combine four different labview codes together and run them at the same time.

I am using PCI-6071E and BNC-2120 as my data acquisition.I want to send an analog output (flat DC signal) to control a blower,an analoge output (DC) to a pressure transducer,also receive data from a pressure transducer and hot-wire probe.

I wrote four different VI for each one of them (using DAQmax for analog outputs and DAQ assistant for Analog inputs),and each one of them works well, but when I want to use them together they don't work.

Does anybody know how to get them to work together?

Thanks,

Pooya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,575 Views)

I forgot to attach the fourth VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,574 Views)

If you had simply search for the error code you would have found an explanation for resource reserved. You cannot have multiple tasks for the same hardware resource. You have a single resource available for analog output and a single resource available for analog input. You have to combine the analog output channels into a single task and combine the analog input channels into a single task.

Message 3 of 5
(2,562 Views)

Thanks for your reply, but how should I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,552 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Pooya

For the DAQ Assistant, just follow the instructions for selecting multiple channels when you create it (where it pretty clearly says ,"<Ctrl> or <Shift> to select multiple channels"). If already created, open the DAQ Assistant and simply click on the 'Add Channels' at the top of page.

When you use a physical channel name, you just click on browse instead of a single channel. Use the same <Ctrl> or <Shift> for multiple channels.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,547 Views)