From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I toggle left and right keys to scrolling on a waveform graph?

I am working on a VI that records voltages from a DAQ and I need to be able to scroll left and right, back and forth through time using left and right keys. I am a beginner so please try to keep it simple, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,527 Views)

You can use an Event structure (responding to Key Down) and a While loop to update the graph's X scale.

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 6
(2,514 Views)

Thank you so much for your reply! But what is the source for the stop? When I try to wire it to the event structure it acts like a sink.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,496 Views)

It is wired in the stop event case from the inside.

The picture is actually a snippet. Simply drag it to the diagram and it will turn into fuctional code.

Message 4 of 6
(2,488 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

You can use an Event structure (responding to Key Down) and a While loop to update the graph's X scale.

I would probably use an array of two elements simplifying the increment/decrement operations and eliminating half the SRs. Instead it needs an index array before the property nodes, no big deal. 😉

Message 5 of 6
(2,481 Views)

@sarahsrox wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply! But what is the source for the stop? When I try to wire it to the event structure it acts like a sink.

Example_VI_BD.png

I wish LabVIEW had this as the default frame in an Event structure instead of Timeout; I use this more often.  This is cleaner than using a Stop button.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 6 of 6
(2,474 Views)