From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set the Sound and Vibration Timebase Plot property to ignore timestamp so that the plot acts like a waveform graph instead of a chart?

I'm using the Sound and Vibration Express Measurements/Order Analysis "Order and Timebase" vi to drive the Sound and Vibration Machine Vibration Orbit Plot and Timebase plot. Is there a way to set the Timebase plot so that the x axis does not act as a chart but rather a graph so that the time is relative so I can set the X axis scaling to show the portion of the waveform that I want? Now, if I turn of x axis auto scaling and try to scale the x axis I only see one the first set of samples then nothing. Also, is there a way to display the x axis in angular notation such as degrees of rotation? I'm using two proximter probes and a keyphasor for monitoing a shaft.

Thanks,

DennisR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,639 Views)

Hi DennisR,

I'm going to point you to some KnowledgeBase articles about chart scaling and customization. If combining these resources--which show a few different appraches--still doesn't give you the functionality you want, post again with code attached please.

How Do I Display Relative Time on my Waveform Chart and Set the Origin to Zero?

Start at Zero with Relative Time Using Waveform Data in Charts

Community: Start at Zero with Relative Time using Waveform Data in Charts

How Can I Plot My X-Axis in Units of Seconds Starting at Zero?

For angular notation, you could try building the x and y data into arrays and then graphing those arrays in an xy-graph or xy-chart. This link says it's for intensity graphs, but you can utilize these methods for your graph as well. The example VI is on the right.

Defining Custom Axes for Intensity Graphs

If this gets you going in the right direction, please mark as correct. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,611 Views)

Thank you for the information. However, the "Timebase Plot" in the Sound and Vibration Suite Machine vibration controls appears to be a custom "XY" plot with very little documentation or exposed properties to set. I'm using this wired to the OAT Orbit and Timbase Express vi. Is there more detailed documentation anywhere on these tools in addition to that supplied in the Labview help that is supplied?

Regards,

DennisR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,604 Views)

Hi DennisR,

What verson of LabVIEW and what version of Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite are you using? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,598 Views)