LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see two IP address at the same time?

Hello all.
I have in the host computers two IP address: Ethernet and Internet.
How can I see both IP address ?
Now I can see only one IP address : Ethernet.
With respect
Aleksandr.

Message Edited by sasa14@inet.ua on 07-10-2006 06:12 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,032 Views)

@sasa14@inet.ua wrote:
Hello all.
With respect
Aleksandr.

Message Edited by sasa14@inet.ua on 07-10-2006 06:12 AM

It really depends. Your PC can only have one IP adress per interface. Such interfaces can be virtual, meaning only a software interface but they nevertheless need to be defined as an interface. If you have a newer version of LabVIEW (>= 7.0 or 7.1) you can use the "String To IP" with an empty input, right click on the icon and select "Multiple Output". This will return you an array of IP addresses, one for each interface available in your PC. Wire them to a loop in which you have set the "String To IP" node with the "dot notation" input set to true and you get at the other side of the loop an array of strings with your IP adresses.

If your internet access is provided by an external modem or router, then the PC does not know about the IP adress that router uses to connect to the internet and LabVIEW consequently can't see this information either.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 07-10-2006 02:06 PM

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,020 Views)

@sasa14@inet.ua wrote:

Your post makes little sense. There is no distinction between ethernet/internet IP addresses, they are all plain IP addresses. (Sometimes, the MAC address is called ethernet address, but this is something entirely different).

• What is your operating system?
  • Please clarify what you actually have? (e.g. run "ipconfig /all" from a commandline if you are running windows)
  • Are you behind NAT and are talking about public and private address?
  • What do you actually mean by "see both addresses"? Determine both with a LabVIEW program running on that computer? Connect to both using a LabVIEW program on another computer?
  • ???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,998 Views)
Are you talking about your actual internet ip? try this :  http://www.showmyip.com/
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,996 Views)
Thanks All Who answered me.
I have done how write Rolf Kalbermatter  and all are worked wery well
I can see two different IP address.
Best regards
Aleksandr

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,964 Views)