LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I save datas to txt?

Hi, 

Is there any easy and fast possibilities to save datas to txt from labview?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,833 Views)

I think what you are looking for is Write to Spreadsheet File.vi.  If you use a comma as your delimiter, and save as *.csv, Excel will open the file.

You can also use a combination of Array to Spreadsheet String and Write to Text File.  One extra VI but you have a little more control... and it doesn't have a stupid general error handler embedded in it that doesn't allow you to deal with errors yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,825 Views)

If your data are already formatted as strings, LabVIEW's Write Text File (and Read Text File) should do what you need.  Look at the Help for these functions, and also look at the Examples.  Then try writing what you want to do, testing it, and come back if your code doesn't work.  If you do come back, be sure to (a) post your code, (b) explain what you are trying to do, and, if possible (c) give us an example of what you want for an output file.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,804 Views)

One of my pet peeves.  "Data" is already the plural of "datum."  I guess it's like walking around with a piece of toilet paper stuck on the heel of your shoe.  It's not embarrassing until someone points it out... 😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,760 Views)