From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent my "Write JPEG File" vi from printing on my default printer?

Solved!
Go to solution

I use this VI to create a JPEG image of my front panel, but it always both creates the JPEG image like it's supposed to AND it prints to my default printer.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a workaround?  Is there another way to create JPEGs?  I've replaced it with the "Write to BMP File" vi, and I'm getting the same results.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,420 Views)

Never seen that before - posting code that shows this behaviour would be handy.

My guess would be that you have an errant VI.Print.Panel to Printer method hanging around somewhere in your code.

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,408 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cwoolly

I figured it out.  This VI I'm using had the "Print with Execution" box checked in the "Print Options" Category in VI Properties.  

I inherited this code, and I keep finding a lot of little bugs like this here and there.  They make me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone every time.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,396 Views)

Hah, even better. Glad you found it - it's worth marking your finding as a solution and tagging accordingly so that others with similar problems might see it when searching.

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,386 Views)