LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I open excel application minimized

I would like to open excel minimized so it can be closed by the operator if the program does not clean it up properly. How can I open the program minimized.

I'm thinking it has to do with the WindowState property, but don't have any documentation about the activex properties. Would anyone know? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,625 Views)

Like this:

As for the documentation, when installing Excel select "Advanced" or "Customize" and then select "Visual Basic Help". That installs the Help file for the automation functions. You can also get the documentation on MSDN.  

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 08-29-2008 09:43 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,622 Views)
I think I just answered my own question. The diagram that you have is close, but requires the WindowState as an additional parameter. I didn't reallize that it was already enumerated. I thought I was going to have to guess the integer value like I do for the save as when I try to select a format.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,616 Views)
Actually I just realized that I misread your post in terms of minimization vs visibility. Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,614 Views)
I figured how to open a workbook, but how can I open a worksheet by name. I'm used to opening it in CVI.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,608 Views)

It's no different. The ActiveX functions are the same.

You may wish to peruse the "Excel board".  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,603 Views)