LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make an area of the front-panel have scroll bars?

Solved!
Go to solution

rthorpe,

My appologies..    The anti-senility drugs stopped working.

I was reading another post, yet my reply went to this one.

As I wrote my last post, I had not gone back to the top.

Sorry for the confusion..  I'll get my prescription renewed with increased dosage..

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,628 Views)

So you basically only want 1 cluster to have a scroll bar? Then you can place a free scroll bar on the panel and in the event (probably) ... no, no property for that.

To solve it like you want to, you'll have to insert the cluster in a sub-panel. Though i'd still suggest tab control, you can probably find some nice grouping logic if you look again. 🙂

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,622 Views)

rthorpe wrote:

How do you control the x,y value of the control within the cluster?  I've tried doing that with the property "top" but that doesn't seem to work.

Actually, that should work. Just make sure you create the property for the control which is inside the cluster. It would probably be easier if you put another cluster inside the first cluster and put all the other controls into that cluster, because then you only have to move the cluster.

Basically, this methods simulates a scrollbar by moving the content up and down instead of moving the origin.

(1,621 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rthorpe

And just because I was bored (LV 8.6).

(1,608 Views)

Smart Tst, didn't think of moving all items in the cluster, although it feels kindly of a heavy workaround. Maybe scrollbars is something for idea exchange?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,603 Views)

Thanks a lot everyone

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,599 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Maybe scrollbars is something for idea exchange?

It's already there, although personally I prefer the second idea, which is tabs inside clusters, but there's no reason we can't have both:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Scroll-Bar-Property-for-Clusters/idi-p/921174

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Allow-clusters-to-have-quot-pages-quot/idi-p/1481862

(1,586 Views)

Hi everyone! I have the same problem, i want a cluster with a scrollbar but the example given is created with LV 8.6 and i am using LV 8.5.

Could anyone revert it to my version? Thank you very much for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,545 Views)

In LV 8.0.

(1,533 Views)

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,524 Views)