LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make Windows Explorer use my icons to identify my .vi's ?

The icons I create for my .vi's appear in the top right corner. Not in the lop left (next to the name) and not in Windows explorer. Can I activate this (for the .vi's as well as for stand-alone programs)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,305 Views)

VI icons are for use within LabVIEW, e.g. on the block diagram of other VIs when used as subVIs. They don't integrate with the OS file manager.

When you build a standalone program, you can define an icon for the exectable. Check the build specification of the application builder. There is an "icon" section.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,300 Views)

I don't think this is possible and I don't think it depends on LabVIEW but on the OS, you can set Windows to replace image files' icon with a thumbnail so someone who know Windows really well could tell you what it would require to do this because in a VI file you certainly have somewhere the data for the icon so you'd need to tell Windows to do go look into the VI files etc...

That could be nice for a small project but when you have thousands of VI in a projects, you don't care too much for this, you sort files into subfolders.

But anyway, nice idea!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,291 Views)

I voted for in on 2011-09-02 and didn't even remember Smiley Very Happy

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,270 Views)