LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I load the MCP2210 dll in Labview? If I try to do so by means of a constructor node and I point to the library I get an error code!:

I'm not familiar with this DLL.  What error do you get?

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,688 Views)

Here is the link for the dll:

http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=MCP2210

I used a constructor node and pointed it to the MCP2210DLL; I could select either DEVIO or DLLCONSTANTS. For the first the error code is:The constructor selected in the constructor node is invalid or no constructor has been selected.  Double-click on the constructor node and select a constructor. 

For the seccond, the error code:

Could not load file or assembly 'MCP2210DLL-M, Version=1.0.4854.24504, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. in Untitled 1

In LW12 the same error occurs when I point the dll for the constructor node.

Please kindly advise!

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,680 Views)

Hi MirceaPop,

I'm seeing errors too.  I'm not really sure how the person in the linked forum post got around it. Seems like it could be an issue with the DLL.  Sorry!

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,636 Views)

The first error might be because the object is static and not instantiable. The second is likely because you do not have all the dependencies installed such as some Visuual C runtime library. That should have been included with the installer for the DLL but you may want to check with tech support at Microchip about this.

Static objects have to be directly accessed without the use of a constructor. You simply place a method or property node on your diagram and select its class with the Browse button.

Note: I quick check of the MPC DLL version 1.1.1 currently on their website shows that it has a dependency on the Microsoft Visual C 9.0 x86 runtime library. that would be the runtime library that comes with Visual C 2008 C runtime library component for x86. Go and get the redistributable installer for that from the Microsoft side and install it and you might have more joy.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,614 Views)

Hi, I am starting to use this device in LabVIEW too.  I was wondering if you ever got the dll working correctly?  I am waiting for the MCP2210 kit to arrive and i came accross this thread so i thought it was worth asking.  I can call the unmanaged dll version using the Call Library Function node and it looks like it may work but the c++ datatypes may soon cause an issue.  Im interested if you ever got the .NET version working?

Thanks,

Michcael.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,823 Views)
I had problem communicating with the mcp2210. I had the same problem you had and it turned out to be the DLL. It was an older version. After downloading a newer version of the DLL I was able to communicate with the device. If I can find my code (I wrote it maybe a year or so ago) I will share it here along with the DLL I used. It does work with the correct DLL. Bryan
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,815 Views)

Funny can't edit post here? Anyways I was wrong I wrote code to communicate with the DLL in Delphi (pascal) not Labview. Like I said it was awhile ago I did this. I remember now labview wouldn't  work with the DLL so I wrote it in another language. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,807 Views)